Thursday, July 8, 2010

Running out...

This just happened - again. It happens often but I always forget how strange it is. Every night around 6, possibly 7, Pop teeters (yes he teeters - he has had 4 cups of wine) to bed. He comes to say Good night to me first and to see where my "baby" is (I'll get a picture of the "baby" up here soon - it's a pitt bull). Then about half an hour later he appears at my bedroom door to tell me that he ran out and he's having another glass of wine. Once a friend was over and asked what he meant.
He ran out of sleep.
Only Pop.

Yes he drinks 4 glasses of wine before bed (Franzia Chillable Red if you are coming over FYI). The man is 90 damn years old. I love him dearly. I don't want anything bad to happen to him. He loves his wine. If, at 90, he wants 8 glasses of wine before bed then by God he'll have them and I'll put him to bed like I do many nights. If that man wants to try cocaine I'd try and figure out where to get him some. He is 90. He deserves it.

No comments:

Post a Comment